INPEX recognises and respects your privacy. This document indicates how INPEX manages your personal information. INPEX is committed to and adopts the National Privacy principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Our online recruitment service is committed to protecting the privacy of our users. INPEX wants to provide a safe and secure user experience. Please read this section carefully in order to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We will ensure that the information that you submit to us via the Site remains private, and is only used for the purposes set out on this page.
In completing the application form or by attaching your resume, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as described by this document. If you do not consent or give us the information we seek, we may be limited in our ability to place you in a role within INPEX.
"Personal Information" and "Sensitive Information" are defined by the Privacy Act. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What personal information does INPEX collect
The personal information that we collect and hold is generally information submitted and obtained from Candidates and other sources in connection with applications for employment.
Purpose of personal information
INPEX primarily holds personal information for the purpose of considering candidates for employment with INPEX which may be:
• Permanent or Fixed term employment;
• Contract employment;
• Candidate Marketing.
How INPEX collects your personal information
Personal and sensitive information will be collected from you directly when you complete an online profile and submit a resume to INPEX for consideration for a specific or general application. Personal information and sensitive information will also be collected when:
• We receive a reference about you;
• We receive results of enquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body;
• We receive the results of any competency, employment test or medical test;
• We receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
• We receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
• We receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved; and
• You provide us with any additional information about you.
Use of your personal information
Your personal and sensitive information may be used with:
• Employment application
• Your actual or possible work placement;
• Your performance appraisals;
• Our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects;
• Any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo;
• Our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved; and
• Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information.
Your Personal and Sensitive Information may be disclosed to:
• Hiring managers within INPEX;
• Human Resources;
• Our insurers;
• Contractor Management Alliance Agencies
• A professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information;
• A Workers Compensation body;
• Our contractors and suppliers - e.g. our I.T. contractors and database designers; and
• Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
Access of Personal Information
Subject to Privacy Principals 6, you have the right to see and have a copy of personal information and sensitive information about you that we hold. If any personal information or sensitive information about you is incorrect, you may request that we change that information.
Enquiries and Complaints
You can make further enquiries about our privacy policies or direct complaints to our Privacy Officer whose contact details are: email@example.com