Ichthys Project Environmental Impact Statement released
The Draft EIS applies to all aspects of the proposed Ichthys Gas Field Development Project, including the:
- offshore processing facilities at the Ichthys Field in the Browse Basin, 200 kilometres off the coast of Western Australia;
- subsea gas pipeline to Darwin; and
- onshore processing facilities in Darwin.
The Project is designed to produce 8.4 million tonnes of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and 1.6 million tonnes of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) per annum, along with 100,000 barrels of condensate per day at peak.
The operating life of the Project is expected to be 40 years. The Draft EIS is the culmination of several years of comprehensive surveys and studies to define the:
- existing natural and social environment;
- potential environmental impacts due to construction and subsequent operation activities;
- social and economic benefits and impacts from the Ichthys Project; and
- proposed management controls to limit potential impacts.
Download article in full.