The safety and health of all INPEX people is our number one focus.
INPEX genuinely values the safety of its people, those we work with, and the environments in which we operate.
We are committed to conducting our activities in a manner that is safe and responsible and fully complies with applicable laws and regulations.
All contractors and subcontractors are required to adhere to INPEX’s Health and Safety Policy. They must also implement health and safety management plans that are consistent with INPEX’s expectations of continued improvement in health and safety performance.
安全第一 = “Anzen dai ichi” or “Safety Number One“.
“Anzen dai ichi” is more than just a motto at INPEX. It forms part of a deeper safety culture embraced by our workforce and worn with pride on employees’ hard hats.
Health, Safety and Environmental Values
INPEX employees use the following measures to determine their success in achieving health, safety and environmental goals:
- Consider the needs of others and value individual contributions
- Behave ethically and honestly
- Achieve common goals by working collaboratively with colleagues and contractors
- Be involved in decision-making processes
- Be accountable for ensuring the protection of the environment and the health and safety of themselves and others
- Lead by example and influence others through their actions
- Recognise the positive health, safety and environment initiatives of others.
INPEX received two APPEA Safety Awards in 2003 and 2004 in recognition of our commitment to safety during the Ichthys Project exploration campaigns. The awards recognise a superior safety record in the petroleum exploration and production industry and for a significant contribution to promoting a safe and healthy work environment.