We take pride in the delivery of onshore and offshore marine monitoring programs, developing innovative research partnerships and robust management plans to reduce our environmental footprint.
Working alongside reputable research scientists, we invest in programs to build a wealth of data, which supports better understanding and protection of the environments where we operate.
Our programs are focused on developing responsible management approaches to protect the environment, while supporting development and meeting the expectations of the communities where work and of which we are proud to be a part.
We are committed to:
- ensuring our people are competent with the appropriate training, environmental knowledge and adequate resources to support sound environmental management
- empowering our people to identify risks and intervene to prevent environmental harm
- investing in development and implementation of onshore and offshore marine monitoring programs
- compliance with environmental obligations and commitments through risk reduction and implementation of effective control measures
- driving ongoing improvements in environmental performance through monitoring, auditing and reviews.
- building greater knowledge and skills to support protection of the environment.
PROPOSED OFFSHORE ENERGY ACTIVITIES
We plan on conducting offshore activities and wish to hear from relevant persons whose functions, interests and activities may be affected. These may include cultural and spiritual connections, commercial or recreational activities offshore, tourism or local community interests.
1. Greenhouse gas storage exploration and assessment activities
The INPEX-led Bonaparte CCS Assessment Joint Venture of greenhouse gas assessment permit G-7 AP proposes to undertake a three-dimensional seismic survey, geophysical/geotechnical survey and exploration drilling in the Bonaparte Basin, offshore Western Australia and the Northern Territory. Located wholly within Commonwealth waters, at the closest point the area of the planned activities is located approximately 195km west of Darwin and 150km north of Wadeye.
You are invited to find out more information on these activities or provide comment by visiting https://anz.planengage.com/bonaparte_basin_appraisal/page/Home
2. Exploration drilling WA-285-P and WA-343-P
INPEX, as the nominated Titleholder of offshore exploration permits WA-285-P and WA-343-P, proposes to undertake exploration drilling in the Browse Basin offshore Western Australia.
Located wholly within Commonwealth waters, at the closest point the area of the planned activities is located approximately 360km from Derby and 665km from the Northern Territory coastline.
You are invited to find out more information on these activities or provide comment by visiting https://anz.planengage.com/exploration_drilling_285_343/page/Home
Your views on these activities are important to us. If you have any questions please contact the consultation team on [email protected] or call 1800 705 010.
INPEX recognises climate change is a critical issue – for business and for communities.Learn more