Through our community investment activities, we aim to support the building of vibrant, prosperous and resilient communities.
Since 2012, we have contributed more than A$ 6.7 million to community programs and more than A$ 9 million to develop education and training institutions in Australia.
We aim to make a positive impact in communities where we are active, through four priority areas:
- Education and training programs
- Health and wellbeing initiatives
- Business capacity building
- Programs that aim to connect and empower the community.
In 2020, as we move towards steady operation of Ichthys LNG, we are placing a greater emphasis on developing partnerships that create meaningful and long-term positive impact in our host communities.
Aligned to our community investment approach, we will be conducting one public sponsorship application round in 2020.
2020 public sponsorship application round
The INPEX Community Investment and Sponsorship Program supports community programs and events which benefit the host communities where INPEX and Ichthys LNG business activities take place.
A public sponsorship application round was conducted for the 2020 Community Sponsorship and Investment Program from February to March.
Following assessment of applications received, INPEX and Ichthys LNG joint venture have pledged support to more than 20 organisations in Darwin, Broome and Perth.
Organisations receiving support in 2020 include Broome Community Resource Centre, Darwin Men’s Shed, Asthma Foundation NT, PAWS Darwin, Shire of Broome, Pensioners Workshop Darwin and Broome Little Athletics.
INPEX engaged proactively with shortlisted applicants during the sponsorship process to understand the uncertainties brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic and flexibly manage potential impacts to community initiatives.
As a result, a range of community partners have received in-principle support for events and activities that should be able to safely proceed later in the year or in 2021.
COVID-19 relief-response activities
May 2020: Over the past months, INPEX has been busy responding to requests from stakeholders and community organisations for financial and in-kind support for their emergency relief and response activities during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our objective has been to continue to assist these organisations as they deliver essential programs and services to the most vulnerable people in the communities in which we operate and explore opportunities to support recovery over coming months.
Some of our key contributions to date include:
- a $ 30,000 contribution to Foodbank NT to ensure it can continue to deliver essential services and food security to those impacted by the COVID-19 crisis;
- a $ 100,000 contribution to Menzies School of Health Research to support COVID-19 response and research activities, and funding to assist with the delivery of other essential medical services;
- in-kind donation of face masks to Broome Hospital and Broome Police;
- together with Quest Apartment Hotels, in-kind donation to Foodbank WA of non-perishable food items collected by INPEX offshore personnel undergoing work-required quarantine.
To find out more about INPEX community investment, contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find out more about our Community Sponsorship and Investment Program, contact us via email@example.com.