Through our community investment activities, we support the building of vibrant, prosperous and resilient communities.
We aim to make a positive impact in communities where we operate, through four priority areas:
- Education and training programs
- Health and wellbeing initiatives
- Business capacity building
- Programs that aim to connect and empower the community.
In 2020, we invested almost A$ 2 million to support a range of social programs, community events and charitable appeals, including the following:
- More than $1 million donated to Australian Red Cross in support of bushfire relief and recovery efforts during the 2019-2020 Australian bushfire season;
- Support for COVID-19-related response and research activities through Foodbank NT and Menzies School of Health Research;
- Continued support of community programs through strategic partnerships with organisations such as Questacon, Australian Red Cross NT, AFL NT, Darwin Festival, Ronald McDonald House Perth, Engineers Australia Northern, NT Indigenous Business Network, Petroleum Club of WA, Energy Club NT and Australian Volunteer Coast Guard Darwin;
- Support for scholarships for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students at the University of Western Australia, and for Territorian students at Charles Darwin University; and
- Sponsorship of a number of community events and programs in Darwin, Broome and Perth including providing in-principle support for events that were postponed to later 2020 and 2021.
In February 2021, INPEX also pledged more than $200,000 in support of relief and recovery efforts for people impacted by the 2021 Wooroloo/Perth hills bushfire.
Each year, we also provide in-kind support to community partners through employee volunteering, paid-for advertising and promotional opportunities, as well as providing expertise through presentations and mentoring.
In 2021, as Ichthys LNG moves into its third year of operations, we continue to place a greater emphasis on developing and expanding strategic partnerships creating meaningful and long-term positive impact in our host communities.
Please be advised we are not currently inviting new applications for our community sponsorship program.
We continue to support sponsorship recipients from our 2019 and 2020 sponsorship rounds, providing flexibility to community organisations whose activities and initiatives have been postponed due to the impacts of COVID-19.
Enquiries / further information
If you would like to be added to our mailing list for notifications around community investment activities and opportunities, please enter your details via the link below.
Any other enquiries about sponsorship may be directed to [email protected].
Feel free to review the INPEX Sponsorship Application Guidelines (linked below) to review the general focus and eligibility criteria of our sponsorship program.
INPEX sponsorship mailing list subscription
Please enter your contact details at this link to receive notifications about future community investment opportunities.
To find out more about our Community Sponsorship and Investment Program, contact us via [email protected].